Wednesday 10 June 2020

Where Next?

Welcome! I am the Star Wars Explorer. This blog is a new outlet, of sorts. A place for me to get my thoughts out of my head. A place for reflective discussion and appreciation of the galaxy far, far away....

I love all things Star Wars. The Star Wars galaxy is one of pure escapism. One not of this time or place. One full of infinite possibilities; of intrigue, conflict, hope. One glorious expanse. Almost endless stories to be told and places to visit. It is perhaps the scope of Star Wars that keeps me hooked. At the end of each story, it is quite easy to simply ask, 'Where Next?'


My great loves at the moment are The Old Republic MMORPG (SWTOR), and diving deep into the ever-expanding lore. Exploring The Clone Wars and The Mandalorian are a new treat for me - Star Wars on television!

Why the 'Explorer'? Because that's what I love to do: seek out every corner of the Star Wars universe. SWTOR is of course great for that, but other outlets such as the thoroughly brilliant Star Wars Explained YouTube channel and the wonderfully detailed OotiniCast, allow us to dive deeper and wider than has ever been possible before. We are in a golden age of Star Wars content and, coupled with modern media, it's never been easier to lose yourself in that place.

There'll be a healthy amount of SWTOR content here, as well as interesting tidbits on the Star Wars galaxy, thoughts on Star Wars media and anything else that piques my fancy. This will be a relaxed place with occasional deep-dives into the really smallest details - basically a mirror of how I like to explore.